CSR at Firebrand
Projects we Support
100.5 MW Wind Power Project in Madhya Pradesh, India
This is a 100.5 MW wind power project located in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, promoted by Orange Mamatkheda Wind Private Limited. The project consists of 67 WTGs of 1.5 MW each generating clean electricity with utilization of wind energy.
The project has conducted an ESIA study in line with the IFC guidelines while engaging local community through frequent stakeholders’ consultation. It has played an important role in reducing CO2 emissions and will continue to contribute towards the economic growth of the area by generating 180 GWh of clean electricity annually, which is equivalent to powering 42,000 households every year. The project also leads to mitigation of 1.23 million tCO2e in carbon emissions in 7 years.
Project impacts and benefits:
Orange Renewable as a socially responsible organization is dedicated to CSR initiatives to improve the quality of life in the projects vicinity. Along these lines, Orange Renewable consistently invests in the following thematic areas:
1. Enhancing the quality of Education
2. Supporting the “Clean India“ initiative of the Government of India by investing in Sanitary infrastructure in schools and community centres
3. Augmenting medical and health care facilities
4. Potable water supply infrastructure
5. Employment Generation
6. Women Empowerment
7. Safeguarding Environment
In keeping with the above thematic focus, the following specific initiatives have been undertaken in the project vicinity:
1. Distribution of necessary infrastructure such as furniture, education aid including stationery, math-science kit, sports material, and scholarship to the meritorious students of more than 25 schools benefitting over 5,000 children.
2. Assistance to the underprivileged: Distribution of computers, bicycles, and stationery to orphanage, benefitting more than 60 children and distribution of clothes in old age home.
3. Clean India: Development of sanitation facilities like toilet construction in public places.
4. Access to Clean Water: Water tanks along with water purifier systems have been installed benefitting public at a large scale, thereby providing easy access to clean & safe drinking water.
5. Tree plantation drives in schools, sub-stations and public places are conducted on a regular basis.
6. Electrification: Installation of electricity transformer and distribution line which has enabled direct household electrification and energy to water pumps for agricultural purposes benefitting over 1,000 people. This is apart from the approx. 93km of transmission lines built for project purposes.
7. Orange Mamatkheda has helped to build around 21.6 kms of roads in villages within the project vicinity.
8. Delivering motivational workshops to people affected with HIV AIDS, in collaboration with Madhya Pradesh state AIDS control society and imparting significance of Anti-Retro Viral Therapy in their life, benefitting over 60 people. Regularly organizing camps/rallies to quit smoking and creating awareness in the stakeholders.
9. Organized mega medical camps in the nearby villages and undertook distribution of free medicines at the camps, benefitting over 1000 people of around 7 villages. Also conducted awareness programs on nutrition, ante-natal/post-natal care, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and hygiene.
10. The project has led to direct employment generation for 730 persons during construction phase (including laborers, supervisors & engineers), out of which 266 employees were hired locally. The project has also led to employment for 76 persons on a permanent basis.
Find out more about this Gold Standard project: https://climate-wise.com/Projects/100-5-mw-wind-power-project-in-madhya-pradesh-india/
SDGs supported by the 100.5 MW Wind Power Project in Madhya Pradesh, India